Sunday, January 22, 2012

And... I'm back!

It's nice to be home. The beach was lovely and it was wonderful to be away for a while, but somehow it's always nice to get back home.

We had near perfect weather this year, just a little wind a couple of afternoons, but not enough to keep us from swimming every day. We took the water taxi into the park one day and walked back out, a 12.4km walk which my seven-year-old did without complaint (well, not much). It was really nice to be able to walk a section of the park I haven't done often. Next year I think we'll try taking the water taxi both ways and doing a section way up the park. My little one will be 5 by then, so we may even get him to do it too. Although I doubt it...

Another highlight of the trip was the A & P Show, a county fair type thing that was being held in a small town about an hour away from our house. We admired the prize winning vegetables, tea trays, cakes and jams. We watched the livestock being judged. We cheered on the ax-men in the wood chopping contest. We watched the show-jumping and dressage competitions. The kids rode on a shonky carnival plane ride. It was great!

But the best part of any holiday is just being there. It's a gorgeous place, and just sitting on the deck, overlooking the estuary and watching the sun set is enough.

When I get the photos out of the camera, I'll share a few...

Did you have a good week?

No comments:

Post a Comment