Sunday, June 25, 2023

Weekly Goals 26-6-23

 I did some serious work on my book over the weekend and have added close to 5K already.  There are a few places where I'm not entirely sure how to link the new scenes I've added to what I had, but I've just left myself highlighted notes there and moved on to the next place I know I need new stuff.  I may need to add another chapter or two (the problem with a dual POV - getting to the next scene in one POV often means adding another chapter in the other POV), but because the timeline between some events in changing, I think I can do that.  I just need to think about what could happen in those chapters.

So my goal for this week is to get more work done on that.  I don't imagine I'll get the whole lot done (unless I can take a day off work and I don't think I'll be able to this week), but I hope I can get a big chunk of the new stuff written so I can go back through and smooth things out where the new stuff might feel clunky or not fit right in terms of voice.

That's the hardest thing about going back to this - finding those girls' voices again.  I've been working on a boy POV book and his voice and way of thinking is quite different, so finding my way back into Juliet and Iris's heads is challenging!

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting those chapters added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I've been having trouble getting back into writing different POVs myself.

    ReplyDelete