Sunday, June 18, 2023

Weekly goals 19-6-23

 I had my call with the editor yesterday and it was super helpful.  She really drilled down into the book and identified what was missing and what needed to be done to get it into really good shape.  Some of it was stuff I already suspected, but other things were entirely new to me, but as soon as she said them, they made perfect sense.

So my goal this week is to mull over everything she said and try to put together a plan for implementing those changes.  Then I need to sit down and start a new draft document and work through them.  I'm excited to get into it, but I know I shouldn't just rush in blindly or I'll make a mess of the book.  I'm lucky the draft is currently on the short side (for me, anyway) because I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to add at least 20K to make these changes.

I just need to find some time to do this work.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments: