Sunday, September 22, 2024

Weekly Goals 23-9-24

 I actually did manage to get a bit of writing done over the weekend.  It isn't great and I'm not entirely happy with it, but at least I'm moving forward.  I feel like I may need to skip some stuff and move on because I feel like I'm wallowing in the scene I'm working on.  I know what needs to happen and why; I just can't seem to make it work or to get the things happening to make sense in the context of my characters.  I feel like I'm letting them down...

So this week's goal is to see what I can do to get back on track with this.  It may be I need to go back and write some more stuff earlier on again.  I feel much better about the stuff I'd written earlier once I did that last week.  Or I may need to skip forward a bit, write the climax and then go back to fill in the stuff that leads there.

Writing is so hard sometimes!  Especially when I feel such a responsibility to Harley to get his story right.

What are your goals this week?


2 comments:

  1. When you hit a snag like that, I've heard it does help to skip ahead and fill in later. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a little writing done this weekend too. I'm still struggling with the end of my chapter, but I'm hoping my critique group will help me.

    ReplyDelete