Sunday, September 15, 2024

Weekly goals 16-9-24

 I had a weird writing weekend this weekend.  I wrote a bunch on Saturday which was pretty terrible, then realised I really needed to go back and fix some stuff earlier in the book before moving on, and had a great writing day on Sunday.  Moral... I need to trust my gut when it tells me I need to fix something.  The writing was a dream as I added to that earlier scene.  A complete contrast to Saturday's session where I knew what I was writing was garbage.

So my goal this week is to try and keep it up and to write more.  I'm feeling quite inspired and I'm determined to finish at least a first draft of this book before the end of the year.

I also have to practice-teach my first class this week, so I want to do well at that.  I have a pretty good script worked out for the first track because there's a lot of set up and stuff to talk about, but after that, I'm going to have to wing it because I don't have much prescribed stuff to say.  A bit nervous about that, to be honest, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. It's great you had such a good writing weekend. I worked on a chapter I'm revising. I'm still struggling a bit with the chapter's ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that inspiration. Hold onto it!

    ReplyDelete