Thursday, September 5, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 6-9-24




It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

I don't have much planned at this stage, so I'm hoping to get some good writing time in there.  An old critique partner reached out to me this week about re-starting a critique group we had going about 10 years ago and I'm excited about getting feedback on the early part of the book which I feel is in pretty good shape.  It's only once I get to chapter 5 or 6 that I feel like things start happening in the wrong order and that I'm not quite getting things right.  

Having a good critique group is so valuable and I always write more when I know people are waiting to read the next chapter, so I'm hoping this new (old) group might kickstart my writing energy a bit more.

Other than that, I hope to get some reading done - I have a pile of fresh library books waiting for me - and there's a classic movie at mt local cinema on Sunday that I'd like to go to.  Johnny Guitar, one of the campiest westerns ever made, starring Joan Crawford.  I saw it in a festival years ago, and remember loving it, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. I really should get some reading done. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete