Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekly goals

I've had my week off, so now it's back to the grindstone.  I'm going to dive into edits on Lana tonight.  My plan is to get through 4 - 5 chapters per week.  I know some weeks will be easier than others because some chapters are better realized than others.  But if I can average that, and get the chapters off to my CPs, I'll be well on my way to getting this book finished.

While I was off I read through a pile of stuff in my miscellaneous ideas file and found a couple of really interesting things.  So while I revise Lana, I'm going to think about what I really want to write next.  There's an NA idea in there I like, but there's also the new shiny idea I thought would be my next project.  Not to mention another music story I found a few notes on in the file.  So I'll have to do some heart-listening to see which one of the stories calls my name loudest.

My work week got off to a rough start today, so I know I'm going to have to push to make it to my target.  But I figure if I get through 4 chapters this week, it'll make next week that much easier.  Do you find a routine and a deadline helps you get where you need to be?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, boo. The ends of weeks off are so no fun, especially when work starts off rough.

    Deadlines always help me. I try to be as ambitious as possible and then use the fear of not meeting it to drive me to get it done. It seems to work!

    ReplyDelete