Thursday, June 5, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things 6-6-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?





It's been a long week.  It hasn't been a fun week either, so I'm celebrating going out to dinner with some friends tonight.  And you'd better believe I am looking forward to that first glass of wine!

Work has been hard this week.  Monday was a public holiday which always puts pressure on the other days of the week, and I've been having more staffing issues which are stressful.

I have had a week off from writing, which is probably a good thing since my head has been so scrambled.  But while I've been on my break, I've been trawling through my ideas files and found a fairly (for me) detailed outline of a book I started a while ago and never finished.  I also found two other jotted down ideas that sound interesting.  So I'm certainly not going to be short on choice when it comes time to work on something new.  But before then, revision!

I'm actually looking forward to revising this time.  I have a good idea what I need to do, and I'm excited to see if I can make it work.  This book (Finding Lana Jones), is a challenging one, and the main character is unlike anyone I've ever written (or seen in other books) before.  If I can pull it off, I think this story could be quite special.  If I can't, well.... dog poop.

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with your revisions, and I hope you enjoy your meal out tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when revisions are exciting, even if they are hard! Good luck, and enjoy your night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presumably the theater was open on Memorial day, and busier than usual? I loved and hated holidays for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...good luck with your new characters and something absolutely unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you'll be surprised on how well the new story turns out! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can pull it off! Keep at it, and I'm sure you will. Have fun tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a trilogy outlined that has been sitting around for three years now. I thought I wanted to write romance but once I wrote my first mystery, all romance went on the back burner. Oh well...LOL!

    Sounds like you definitely have some things to celebrate!

    D.B. McNicol
    Romance & Mystery...writing my life

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting to be revising AND have another book idea in your back pocket. That's the way to do it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pausing in writing can be a good thing. They say music is sweeter after a rest. For me, taking a breather and regrouping is crucial. ...and how delicious to have other options to work on!

    Diana Wilder

    ReplyDelete