Friday, June 20, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things 20-6-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?




I haven't been as productive with my revising this week.  I worked an extra night, and I have a stinking, streaming, sinus-filling cold, so sitting in my unheated writing room hasn't felt appealing.  I've revised 8 now, so still on target if I'm working toward 4 a week, but slower than last week.

I'm celebrating the awesomeness of my CPs, especially Lexa Cain who has read and sent feedback on my chapters almost as soon as I've sent them.  And she doesn't think they suck!

It's my youngest son's 7th birthday tomorrow, so I'm celebrating getting through 7 years without killing or damaging him in some way.  Okay, there's probably psychological damage, but it won't manifest until he's older, right?

I got a lovely email from an agent about one of my books.  It wasn't an offer, unfortunately, but it was the best kind of rejection, one where the agent loved the book, but just wasn't sure it would sell.  It still hurts, but knowing someone out there loves the voice, the story and the writing makes me want to keep putting it out there.  I always knew that book would be a tough one to sell, and I've been proven right over and over.  I feel like I may need to think about publishing this one myself if I'm going to share it with the world.  But I'm not sure that's a road I want to go down.

What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. Yay for your son's 7th birthday! I bet it'll be fun. I'm sorry to hear you're sick -- ugh! -- but I'm enjoying FLJ, so keep on revising! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch on the cold! How miserable! The supportive rejection is a mixed bag, but ultimately positive. I hope things go well, and the polishing and revising and polishing and revising (the parts I truly enjoy) goes well.. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. :And she doesn't think they suck!" <---hahaha!

    Sorry you've been sick; hope you're feeling better soon.

    Happy Birthday to your son.

    And I hear you on the supportive rejection. Keep trying—I'm sure you'll find someone soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your son, and good luck with your revisions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revisions are what make a story great. Keep at it.

    I'd also keep plugging away on getting an agent for your book. It's all about timing. If not now maybe in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ew, a cold! How awful. Good luck with your revisions. Maybe next week will be more conducive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your 7 year old. And good luck with your book. And Lexa rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rejections always hurt no matter what. Get better soon, and have a good day with your son!

    ReplyDelete