Thursday, October 10, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 11-10-24

 

It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

Well, kind of.  I am going to be working for a few hours on Sunday as we head into Jazz Festival week.  I'm not going to get much in the way of writing time this week, but I'm hoping for a couple of hours on Sunday.  I'm right in this book at the moment and I don't want to fall out of it while I'm so there.

I'm having my team from my old job over tomorrow evening, which should be fun.  It's been a while since I saw them all, so it'll be good to catch up.  I need to clean the house and do some cooking before they arrive too.  I have a delicious dish planned....

I've had some great feedback on the new book from my critique group.  They are getting out of each chapter so far exactly what I was hoping them to, so I'm feeling good about that.  I just hope it continues.  I'm not so sure that some of the stuff I've written 100% works, so I'll be looking forward to that feedback.

I've had a few more rejections for Guide Us this week.  I'm really baffled by the lack of response this one's been getting.  I haven't had a single request!  I kind of got it a little bit with Standing Too Close because the query did hint at a plot point some people might find too challenging for YA, but there's nothing like that in Guide Us.  I wonder if it's the whole religious thing.  Maybe the current climate isn't open to people questioning the church.  It's frustrating, because I know it's a good book.

On the plus side, if I manage to get it right, I think the new one is going to be even better...

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment: