Monday, February 23, 2015

Sad news

I got some sad news late on Friday night.  My publisher, Musa Publishing, have decided they can no longer continue.  So as of February 28th, An Unstill Life will no longer be available for sale.

The rights to the book revert to me, so there are a number of different possibilities for it, but in the short-term, if you want to read it, buy it before Friday.  I believe it will be on sale on the Musa website throughout the week.

I'm feeling very sad about the whole thing.  Musa have been lovely to work with, especially my editor, Jeanne.  But how I feel is nothing compared to how Jeanne and the rest of the Musa team must be feeling right now.  They have worked hard to make the business a success, but the publishing world is tough, and whatever they've done has obviously not been enough to keep the company afloat.

I hope all the team find new jobs that make them happy and I hope all the Musa authors find new homes for their stories, published and yet-to-be-published alike.

As for my own story, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet.  It's something I need to discuss with my agent.  But I feel confident that it will be available in same shape or form again in the future.

You'll hear about it here first….

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that. Sad news indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I know there will be another way. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks! I know another Musa author who posted this news on Facebook over the weekend. I know you'll land on your feet though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are plenty of options open to you in this "Brave New World" of publishing. You're definitely richer in experience from having worked with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good new home for your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your find a good home for your book. I have another friend published through Muse Publishing, so I'm sure she is dealing with the same issue. Good luck.

    BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following yours now.

    ReplyDelete