Thursday, February 26, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 27-2-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 
So, what am I celebrating this week?




It's been a crazy week what with discovering my publisher is closing.  But I'm celebrating how smoothly it seems to be going.  I've already got my rights reversion letter and I've been promised whatever royalties are outstanding as soon as statements from external vendors come in.  So while I'm obviously sad that my book will no longer be available until I decide what to do next, it's not the end of the world.  I've heard such horror stories about other small-press closures and how writers have struggled to get their rights and royalties out of them.  I feel lucky that Musa is being so professional.

The day job has been busy this week too, so I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend.  I have nothing planned, so I hope to get some writing done and read a couple of books.

What are you celebrating this week?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. I'll post later in the evening. I saw your post in my feed and thought to stop in...

    I'm so glad to hear Musa is cordial. That's half the battle, and hopefully you'll line up another publisher soon!

    Have restful weekend! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Musa has been professional...even at the end! Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the closing is at least going easy for you. I hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your publisher is closing, but I'm glad they're not giving you any trouble as they go through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quiet weekend every now and then is a good thing. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your quiet weekend! That's how I plan to spend the next two days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck getting some writing done! I'm hoping for a quiet Sunday so I can do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Writing and reading are good. :) Happy quiet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I came to your blog from Alexa's blog hop. Glad things worked out re: your royalties and rights. Good luck with placing your book elsewhere. Have a good week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard scary things about some publishers and rights and money, too. Thank goodness Musa has integrity. Have a nice relaxed weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad things are going smoothly. I've heard horror stories about publishers closing!

    ReplyDelete