Tuesday, August 12, 2014

International Potluck Blogfest!





My wonderful CP, Lexa Cain is hosting this bloghop with two other authors,  Beth Fred, Media Sharif.  It's really simple to join!  Just put the bloghop badge on your post and share the cover of a book you love (it can be your own) along with a recipe for a food in that book or from the region the book takes place.  Then link back to Lexa, Beth and Media!  It's easy, right?  You can even win prizes like copies of Finding Hope by Beth Fred, Soul Cutter by Lexa Cain and Snip, Snip Revenge by Media Sharif.  There's also an Amazon gift card up for grabs.  So get in there and join in the delicious fun!





There isn't a lot of exciting food mentioned in my book, although early on Livvie and her best friends run off to make pancakes.  Since pancakes were the first thing I learned to cook on my own, I'll share my favorite recipe for them here.

SUPER SPECIAL SUNDAY PANCAKES

1 1/2 cups flour
1Tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted butter
3 eggs, separated
2 cups milk

Sift the flour and mix in the salt, sugar and baking powder.
Add the egg yolks, melted butter and milk.  Mix well.
Whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
Fold egg whites into the other mixture until just combined.
Heat a heavy iron fry-pan or skillet.
Pour in enough mixture to thickly cover the bottom and let cook until the small air bubbles that form pop and don't close up again.
Flip the pancake over and cook the other side briefly - until golden brown.
Serve piping hot with your favorite topping.  I like lashings of butter and maple syrup or lemon juice and a sprinkling of caster sugar.  YUM!

Now, pop along to see what recipes everyone else has chosen to share.  I can't wait to see what other people are up to!


7 comments:

  1. Ooooo, nothing much better than a steaming stack of pancakes! (By the way when I clicked on your link it took me to MY dashboard! How weird is that? I had to find you through google search.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stack of pancakes dripping with maple syrup...mmmm...

    I was going say what Bish said too. I did a hover over the link and found it links to katelarkindale@blogspot - so I was able to find you by searching on the first part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never occurred to me to whip egg whites and put them in the pancake mix - I bet that makes them really fluffy and yummy! Thanks so much for participating in the blogfest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to go wrong with pancakes! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I love pancakes. This puts me in the mood for IHOP or Denny's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pancakes, but I'm an out-of-the-box girl. Lazy cook here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really can't go wrong pancakes.. I can eat them any time of the day...hehe

    ReplyDelete