It's a Secret Santa. But online. And for writers. You sign up, and using a random number generator, the organizers assign someone to gift you and someone for you to gift.
The gifts are all based on your imagination. They should be free, and email-able.
Some ideas are:
- Poems or images created specifically for your secret friend.
- An opportunity to guest post with you (once your name is revealed, of course)
- A page/query/synopsis or other critique of their writing
- A blog badge
- The list goes on
- Though it’s not mandatory – follow Loralei Hall and Laura. They're the two ladies hosting this contest and are totally awesome bloggers as well.
- Sign up on the linky-list on either Laura or Lori's blog by the 12th December – this will ask for name, blog address and email address – these are necessary for the whole thing to work, but don’t worry – they won’t pass your email on – just the blog address! The list will close promptly and busy elves will get to it....
- On the 13th December you will be emailed the Blog address of the person YOU are creating a gift for (just so you know - it isn't a direct pairing - just because you're creating for them doesn't mean that they're the same person creating for you!)
- Email your gift by the 19th December... busy elves will start digitally boxing your presents.
- On Christmas morning, every single person who signed up will receive their special bloggy gift.
Though this isn't technically a blog-hop, the ladies recommend checking out everyone's site when you have a moment, whether or not you're gifting them. You have a couple of weeks to make the rounds, and there's so much fun out there that it will be worth your time.
One last thing, all gifts will be sent from santafest(at)hotmail(dot)co.uk, so make sure to add the email address to your filter list if you have one. Only Laura and Lori have access to this email, and they promise not to spam anyone ^_^
So what are you waiting for? Sign up below and let's all celebrate together!