Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Only 10 days 'til Xmas???

Holy Carp! It's only 10 days until Christmas. How did that sneak up on me? Sure, I noticed the carols in every store, and the huge number of ads in every newspaper, but somehow it didn't quite click.

I'm so not prepared. The kids have wish lists longer than their arms, and my bank account is... well, let's just say a lot shorter than that. My extended family, who we will celebrate with, don't really need more things, but tradition dictates the giving of gifts. So I'm going the homemade route this year. Does anyone have a good recipe for Christmas gingerbread? I know I used to have a great old German recipe, but I can't find it anywhere....

What are your plans for the holidays? And are you prepared?

7 comments:

  1. As soon as I think I'm prepared, I'm not. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mostly ready, but Christmas has definitely snuck up on me too this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you should ask Raven. Not that I've heard her say anything about it, but she knows all sorts of amazing recipes...

    Gift buying/giving is always tricky. For extended family/friends I do pretty much what you're talking about. I have a lemon cream cheese cookie recipe I use. Dye half the dough red and half green and it's all festive ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lazy, so I use the Trader Joes Gingerbread mix. It's super yummy!

    Yeah, I've only began Christmas shopping and the thought of everything I still have to do is stressing me out. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you, I'll be doing it at home as well. BBQ with all the family and friends over, which means I only need to make some side dishes and dessert... just need to decide what they are... hmm don't have a gingerbread recipe but I can give you a snickerdoodle one:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, those cookies sound great! Wanna share the recipe? Ran into my mother today, and it sounds like she's doing gingerbread too, so I need a change of plan... I have festive cookie cutters at the ready!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very much NOT prepared...argh! I haven't even bought any presents. Doesn't help that I'm broke. haha. But I will get paid again on Christmas Eve I do believe. Possibly the day before. So there's time yet!

    ReplyDelete