Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Neglected - I'm sorry....

I feel like this blog has been somewhat neglected this week. Apologies. A lot of exciting things have been happening, and somehow blogging has slipped through the cracks. But now that Authoress's Baker's Dozen auction is over, I feel like I can breathe again, and we can get back on schedule.

If you haven't ever been to Authoress' blog, I urge you to head over there. She offers some of the best opportunities for writers on the web. I feel so privileged to have been a part of the auction this year (and I got a request!!). But there are contests every month too, as well as critique sessions and all kinds of other events to benefit you and your writing.

If you're the kind of person who doesn't enter contests, you should. I've had several requests for Taillights this year, almost all because of contest entries. I'm not saying give up querying and focus exclusively on winning contests, but it does seem to be a beneficial added extra! Plus you get feedback from other writers, and meet fabulous new people. Some of my most valued beta readers are people I've met while part of contests.

Are you a contest person? If not, why?

1 comment: