Friday, June 14, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 14-6-24

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

I did some writing!  Actually, I did a lot of writing.  I set out to write three new chapters on A Stranger to Kindness, but I needed up writing seven. 

They're not good chapters for the most part, and I think at least two of them will probably end up on the scrap heap, but damn it felt good to write like that.  Stupidly, I 'd forgotten I'd written a little outline/synopsis thing (1.5 pages, so not much) for this, and didn't find it until day 2 of writing.  If I'd read it at the start, it probably would have changed the order of scenes I wrote and probably the direction I took.

But I wrote and I loved every minute of it, even when it was hard.  And I'm even more determined to finish this one now.  I left it at a good bit yesterday, so I'm hoping that will encourage me to keep going, even when I don't have a full day to dedicate to it.  A few hours would do.

What are you celebrating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment