Sunday, September 23, 2018

Weekly Goals 24-9-18

Once again, I didn't get nearly as much writing done as I wanted to last week.  I do have an excuse, but that doesn't make it any better.  And this week feels like it might be a bit of a dud as far as writing goes too.  So much on!

I've also realized that while writing to prompts is great for inspiration at the beginning of a book, it's very hard to keep the story moving forward while trying to write to prompts one the story is set up.  I've written an awful lot of chapters that don't really help the story because the prompts asked me to.  On the plus side, some of these chapters can be moved to different points in the book, but mostly, I think a lot of them are going to get thrown on the scrap heap.

So this week I think I need to read throught what I already have and do some triage on the book before I keep writing.  I'm not usually a fan of editing while drafting, but I feel like if I don't do that now, I'm going to end up with 60K or more that go nowhere.  And once I've done that triage, I should be able to get back on track to finish the darn thing.

What are your goals this week?


2 comments:

  1. We all have weeks where we can't get anything done, for one reason or another. We just have to keep trying. Good luck with the book. It sounds quite complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your triage.

    ReplyDelete