Thursday, September 27, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things: 28-9-18



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

What am I celebrating this week?

My mother-in-law's funeral was yesterday, so I'm celebrating her life.  It was a lovely event, with far more people attending than we had anticipated.  I think we all learned things about Pat we didn't know before.  It was the first funeral the kids ever attended, and I'm pleased they made it through.

It's also the last day of term for the kids, so they will be on holiday for two weeks after today.  I must do something about organizing some days off to spend with them, and find some things for them to do.  Otherwise my youngest will just play video games for two weeks straight.

One of my colleagues and a very good friend has just bought a house so I'm going to help her move some of her stuff over the weekend.

I've been very good at getting to the gym and have been three times already this week.

I have been very bad at writing this week and haven't done anything.

What are you celebrating this week?

4 comments:

  1. It's understandable that you didn't get any writing done. It must have been a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for not getting any writing done when dealing with a funeral and death in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a lot on your plate for sure. I'm glad the funeral was a positive experience for your kids. How nice of you to help your friend move into her new home. Moving can be so stressful and such a chore. I'm sure she appreciates the extra support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always worth remembering that there are happy memories concerned with the recently deceased. When I gave my mom's eulogy I focused on those.

    ReplyDelete