Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekly Goals 2-5-16

The A -Z is over, so we're back to regular programming over here at Fiction and Film.  I hope you all had a wonderful April and managed to meet your own goals.

I did Camp NaNo and wrote 40K on a new book.  They're not great words and I've made a lot of mistakes in those first 40K, so I'm now doing something I've never done before and am going back to fix the beginning of the book before I write on.  Usually I just leave myself notes, finish the book, then go back to revise six months later.  This time it feels important to actually make those changes before I move on.

Why?  Well, partly because just before I started work on this project I turned a new book in to my agent  and I'm pretty sure I'll get notes back from her soon.  So I may have to drop this project for a while and I always find it hard to pick up again if some time has passed since I looked at it.  Especially if it's all over the place because it took longer than expected to settle into the characters.

So we'll see how that goes.  So far I'm feeling good about what I'm doing, but let's see how I feel in a week.  I'm hoping I can fix everything that needs fixing in the next 10 days or so, but it may turn out to be a bigger job than I thought it would be.  Or it may not...

What are your goals for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I always find a break to give me new clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on making your goal (plus the Challenge too!). Good luck with getting your fixes in.

    ReplyDelete