Thursday, May 12, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 13-5-16

This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

My birthday!

Yes, it's my birthday on Sunday so I have a whole weekend of celebrating ahead of me.  Starting around about now with a nice, big, glass of red wine….

I finished my re-write/re-work of the first half of my book and have started writing new stuff again.  It feels great being back on track with this project and I hope I can meet my deadline of mid-June to have the first draft done.  Of course, taking this weekend off to relax won't help with that, but hopefully next week I can get back to writing 2K a day like I did during Camp NaNo.

I've made some big progress on something at work I thought was going to be extremely arduous, and hope to have a lot more completed by the end of next week, before the rest of my team get back from Cannes.  Amazing how much easier it is to focus on one thing when the office is quiet.

And that's about it for me.  What are you celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the re-write/re-work of the first half of your book!

    And enjoy your birthday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday.Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Even if there are books to write, you have to take the weekend off and have fun. It's the law. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday:) Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must take a weekend to celebrate your birthday - writing can wait. I wish you a very Happy Birthday and a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete