Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 20-5-16

This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

I had a lovely birthday weekend last week.  A night out with my girlfriends, and then the next day I took a whole pile of clothes to a clothing swap.  I didn't find as many new things as I might have liked, but I did get a gorgeous new winter coat which kind of makes up for the fact I only really found 3 other things.

I've made some progress with my revision of My Murder Year.  And even more importantly, I have ideas where I need to change things and drop little pieces of information in.  I'm still thinking about how to reveal things at the other end of the book, but that's okay because I have a while before I get there and hopefully by the time I do, I'll have worked it all out.

I have a nice, quiet weekend ahead of me, although I do have to clean my oven.  We had a special lunch at work yesterday, and I made quiches.  Unfortunately my custard mixture spilled out over the pastry a little on one of them, and leaked through the bottom of the quiche pan while it was baking.  So now the bottom of my oven looks like it's covered with a layer of omelet…

What are you celebrating this week?

5 comments:

  1. Except for the leaky quiche, it sounds like a pretty good week. I'm glad you had a nice birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cooker certainly sounds like a bit of a nightmare but your birthday was obviously great fun and I have recently been introduced to clothes swaps or "swishing" as it was called at the event I attended!! Looks like we've both had good weeks to celebrate :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a great birthday and a girls night out! I've never heard of a clothing swap. I've only been to garage sales in the US. Clothing swaps with no money exchanging hands sounds great! Sorry to hear about your oven. That's a lot of work. I've needed to clean mine for over a year - I keep putting it off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning an oven is the worst. Glad you had a great birthday! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a fun birthday and night out! Sounds like you're making a lot of progress with your writing, too. I hope that oven doesn't take too much work to clean out. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete