Thursday, May 26, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 26-5-16

This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's Friday!

Somehow this week has felt very long.  I'm not sure why.  Yet even though it has been long, I don't feel like I've achieved anything like what I needed to achieve.  I guess some weeks are like that…

I've finished revising the first seven chapters of My Murder Year.  I think they set things up better now, but I'm not entirely sure.  I'll keep forging ahead.  My CPs will tell me if anything isn't working.

My son's school was evacuated on Wednesday after the high school next door had a bomb threat phoned in.  He wasn't scared at all - more annoyed about being taken out of school to be honest, but it was a little nerve wracking for me at work, not knowing why or if he was scared by it.  Especially since he'd told me the previous week that they'd had a lockdown drill, and that scared him because he didn't know if it was real or not.  I'm just glad there wasn't actually a bomb!

I hope to get a lot of work done on my book this weekend.  I have to go to a conference in the middle of June, and I'd really like to have finished with this before I go.

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. Bombs, lockdowns, shootings, are scary and horrific for kids. It's so sad the way things are. My daughters are teachers and I never thought I'd have to worry about them in school....

    Have a good writing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were two bomb threats in schools in our state this past week, and I was reading in the news that it was happening all over. If this is supposed to be some kind of prank, it's not funny. It's horrible that kids can't even go to school without being scared.

    Hope you get a lot of writing done this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you and your son have had to go through all that. My mother works in a school, and she reports that those lockdown drills scare many of her students too. Very sad they have to exist at all.

    Wishing you much progress on your novel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear about your writing, Kate. Scary about the bomb threats though. Good to hear your son wasn't scared. Have an amazing writing weekend!

    Lori's CtST @ As the Fates Would Have It

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your son had quite a week too. I hope nothing like that happens again, and you guys have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awful for you hearing about bomb scares and lock down practices when they are still so young - glad to know he seems to be coping well with it all!
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your son. At least you don't have maniacs coming into the schools and shooting people like in the US. (I can't honestly imagine who'd want to blow up a NZ school. LoTR haters?) Good luck with the revision!

    ReplyDelete