Thursday, March 7, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 8-3-24

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It has been a fantastic week of arts events and everything seems to be running well, so far. Nine days to go before we close!  It has really raced past.  That opening weekend feels like it was a lifetime ago, yet it was only two weeks.

Highlights for me this week have been solo violinist Johnny Gandelsman playing Bach's cello suites transposed for violin.  It was in a beautiful Catholic church with the most extraordinary acoustics and even though I generally find solo violin piercing and annoying, in this locale, it was simply beautiful.  I also saw Tim Minchin last night which was very entertaining.  I feel like he is one of those mad geniuses whose brains work at a million miles an hour.  I'll be interested to pop my head in on one of his other performances to see if the show is much the same every night, or if he changes things up a lot night by night.

I got some print copies of My Murder Year and they look as pretty as I imagined they might.  I will have to get a couple into the library system when and if I ever get a chance to get back to the library.  It's been weeks!  I have had no time to read recently and it has taken me almost two weeks to get about 2/3 of the way through the book I'm currently reading.  So unlike me who usually reads 2-3 books a week.

I haven't had any more query rejections. Whether this is good news or not remains to be seen... They may all be no reply means no agents, or they may just be behind in getting to queries.  Either way, hope is still alive here. 

What are you celebrating this week.?



1 comment:

  1. Over three weeks is quite a festival. There mush be so much happening!

    ReplyDelete