Thursday, March 21, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 22-3-24





It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

An awesome outcome to something that could have been a tragedy!  How's that for cryptic???  

Some of you may have noticed I didn't post my usual Wednesday book review.  This is because on Tuesday my computer mysteriously stopped working.  It was fine in the morning; in the afternoon it wouldn't go and just made odd woodpecker noises.  I naturally freaked out.  I have my files backed up, but only to a point....  And that point is not where my latest drafts are currently sitting.  And I haven't backed it up since I wrote the first few chapters of a new book.

My partner thought it might just be the screen so we tried plugging it into an external screen, and sure enough, it seemed like that was the issue.  But a few other weird things were happening too so I decided it was time to take it to the shop.

Turns out, there was liquid damage to the computer.  Someone must have spilled something on it or next to it and it was pretty fried.  So I took the shop's advice and made an insurance claim on it which was accepted within 36 hours and they are replacing it with the current model.  And the computer shop managed to get all the data off my old machine and onto a hard drive, so when my new laptop arrives (hopefully on Monday) I can load everything back on and it will all be even better than before.  Because the machine that got damaged was a 2015 model....

So that's what I am celebrating this week.  How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, how awful! The worst thing that could happen to a writer! I'm glad the data was salvaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get all your files recovered and you're getting a new laptop. I'm celebrating spring break week (even though it doesn't look like spring in MI. We got a snow storm on the first day of spring.)

    ReplyDelete