Thursday, March 14, 2024

Celebrate the Small Things 15-3-24




It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small Things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the final weekend of the Festival which feels really odd.  We've been working on this for so long and it seems insane that it is finishing so soon.  The three weeks have felt both incredibly long and over far too quickly.

I've had the opportunity to experience so many wonderful performances over the three weeks, often things I would never have gone to if I hadn't been involved in the event.  I mean, I don't think I  would have ever paid to go to see an all-male a cappella group myself, but the skill and mastery those guys demonstrated was just amazing!

Last night I got to see Arooj Aftab, an incredible Pakistani/American singer with a voice that is out of this world.  I cannot recommend her more highly.  She sings mainly in Urdu, making her perfect writing music - I can't get distracted by lyrics, but the emotional intensity of the songs still pulls through.

We have three more shows this weekend, and I hope to get to all of them - a collaboration between a famous Australian digereedoo player and a chamber music quartet, an aerial dance extravaganza and a theatre piece by and Irish company.

Then next week, sleep...  Even though we have just gone on sale for our next event in May/June.

But hopefully I will have some more free time soon to actually look at my query letter again.  three more rejections this week.

What are you celebrating right now?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like there was quite a lot to experience there. It sounds amazing. Good luck with your query letter. It's supposed to be really tough out there.

    ReplyDelete