Thursday, May 28, 2020

Celebrate the Small Things 29-5-20



This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to sign up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's a long weekend!  

Yes, it's Queen's Birthday weekend, so Monday is a holiday.  The kids get five days off because apparently they've worked so hard doing online school over the lockdown and deserve an extra long weekend.  The school obviously didn't see my kids doing online school during lockdown...  I feel like I'm the one who deserves the extra-long weekend.

I have no real plans for the long weekend, other than writing, cleaning and hopefully going to the movies.  Must take a look at what's on and when...  I have a vague idea about making pancakes one day too.  For some reason I have a hankering for pancakes.

Life feels like it's getting back to normal.  There have been no new COVID cases this week and yesterday the office felt almost lively again.  Wednesday was the complete opposite - I was the only person working on my side of the building and there was only one person working on the other side.  I'm working from home today, but I think next week I may go back to the office full-time.  It just works better for me unless I have a big writing project I need to get on with.

What are you celebrating this week?



2 comments:

  1. I heard that you guys have no new cases! That's such good news! Clearly you guys are doing something right. It must be a relief. Definitely something to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a long weekend, too! And now that you mention it, maybe I ought to make pancakes this weekend, too. I've been thinking about it for weeks, but haven't gotten around to it.

    ReplyDelete