Friday, June 28, 2019

Celebrate the Small Things 28-6-19




This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the small things. Head on over there to sign up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

This week has felt long because my team and I were in Auckland for a conference for two and a half days.  It went well, but whenever you're out of town for an event like that, the days are long.  And there's a lot of socializing/networking/talking to people to do as well.  I'm a social animal, but I do need my alone time too and there just isn't much chance for that when you're at an event like this.

So this weekend I think I'm going to try and revel in some alone time.  Although we do have a couple of social obligations already planned, so it's not going to be a whole weekend of alone-time...

I'm also going to need to go to the gym to make up for all the days I didn't go while I was away.

I also plan to go to the movies, something I really want to do more of.  I love going to the movies and my entire career has been in the industry.  Yet somehow, I just haven't been going as often as I would like to.  Partly because a bunch of cinemas have closed down for different reasons, and partly because I'm just not interested in big action blockbuster movies and so much of what gets screened is that type of film.  But I plan to try and go at least once every two weeks from now on.

I also plan to read the Film Festival program from cover to cover and make my selections...  

What are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully the film festival will bring some good movies in. I always enjoy hearing you talk about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often need alone time, too, after a lot of social activity. I hope you get enough this week-end to re-fuel. I'm celebrating the fact that it looks like I may have a publisher for my cozy mystery. Cross fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your alone time this weekend.

    ReplyDelete