Sunday, May 5, 2019

Weekly Goals 6-5-19

I didn't get quite as much writing done over the weekend as I had hoped to do, but I did manage to finish filling in most of the hole in the middle of the book.  I feel like I may need to flesh some of it out a bit more, but the bones are there.

So now I need to write the ending.  And I think I may have made my favorite character in the whole thing kind of unlikable in the last scene I wrote toward the ending.  I have an idea how to undo that, but I'm not entirely sure it's necessary.  He was acting realistically, even if it's not what the reader (or the protagonist) is going to want to hear from him.

I don't think it's going to be too long before I need some fresh eyes on this thing...

So this week's goal is to try and write an ending that's both satisfying and realistic.  Which is going to be challenging because what the MC wants all the way through the book he doesn't get to have.  I need to give him something else.  But what is that something?

What are your goals this week?

2 comments:

  1. I know that feel. It can be hard to create an ending that's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the ending.

    ReplyDelete