Sunday, May 12, 2019

Weekly Goals 12-5-19

After not writing much last week, this week's goal has got to be about writing.  I'm so close to finishing this book, but for some reason I keep procrastinating.  Partly, I think it's because I'm not entirely sure how it ends...  Which is really unusual for me.  I tend to write my endings very early on in the piece usually so I have somewhere to aim.

This time...  Nothing.  And I know I have to give my MC something positive at the ending, something that will give him hope that he has a future and that it might be a happy one.  I'm just not sure what that thing might be.  The possibility of a real relationship with Megan, the hot receptionist who has a crush on him at work?  Or maybe someone new?  Someone his own age?  Or maybe it's not a relationship that he can look forward to.  Maybe it's an opportunity?

The problem is, I don't know.  And I can't write what I don't know.

So I think I'll have to write a couple of different scenarios to figure out which one rings true for this story.

What are your goals this week?

3 comments:

  1. . It must be frustrating to be so close to finishing and still not know the outcome. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing the different scenarios sounds like a smart idea. Hopefully one of them will feel right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with figuring that out. I have a story I've stalled on because I'm not sure what to write next. I have a vague idea of what should happen, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

    ReplyDelete