Friday, October 24, 2014

Celebrate the Small Things 24-10-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?




It's a long weekend!  Yes, I do still have to work tomorrow, but then I get 2 days in a row off.  That doesn't happen very often, so I'm definitely celebrating.

I caught up with a good friend last night for the first time in ages.  It was fantastic to talk to her again.  I really must make more of an effort to see my friends.  It's so easy to get sucked up in work and kids and writing and just not make the time for the people you really enjoy spending time with.

I've been a mentor for the Nightmare on Query Street contest that's coming up.  It's been really fun seeing how the two writers I was assigned have taken my critique on board and made their entries sing.  I can't wait to see how they fare in the contest. 

NaNo is only a week away and I still haven't done anything useful to prepare for it.  I definitely need to get on that one, don't I?  Or then again, maybe not...  I'm not a planner at all.  But perhaps I need to figure out my main character's name, at least.

What are you celebrating this week?

8 comments:

  1. Catching up with friends is always something to celebrate, as is two days off in a row. I get my two days next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're paying it forward and mentoring new writers! I'm also glad you found time to go out with a friend and decompress. Yay for days off and good luck with NaNo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for good friends and long weekends. Enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any time off is a blessing here! Nightmare on Query Street sounds like fun - lucky you! Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you connected with your friend. That's really important. Good luck on NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had fun with your friend. Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always wonderful to catch up with friends. I also need to find the time! Good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't need more than a name :). Even that can be changed later on. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete