Thursday, October 14, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things 15-10-21



It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

It's been a busy week and on top of that, the weather crapped out and got really cold and wet again.  But it's beautiful again today and I finally managed to ride my bike to work.  Unfortunately I don't believe it's going to last...  Which is a bummer because I wanted to do more painting this weekend, but if the weather's not good, I won't be able to.  At least I might have a chance to get some new colours to work with and a couple of other things I need.  Then I'll be all set for next weekend - the long Labour Day weekend.

My partner and I are going to see the new James Bond movie tomorrow night which I'm looking forward to.  And the film festival programme was released this week, so I need to work out how to see everything I want to see.  I need to be organised because with cinemas at half capacity for social distancing, I imagine a lot of stuff will sell out very quickly!  Tickets go on sale on Monday morning and I want to be ready to go.

The 4K restoration of The Outsiders is playing next week and I'm super excited to see that too.  I've seen The Outsiders hundreds of times, but I've never seen it in a theatre and I'm pretty sure I've never seen the full novel version.  There's a special place in my heart for The Outsiders.  That was the book that made me want to be a writer, that made me realize it was possible for me to be a writer.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment: