Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Welcome author Niki Cluff and Breed


I'm entertaining a fellow Evernight Teen author on the blog today.  Niki Cluff is a debut author whose book Breed was released a few days ago.  So I thought it would be fun to bring Niki here to talk a little bit about herself and Breed.

Welcome, Niki!  I hope you don't mind answering a few questions.

If you could swap places with one of your fictional characters for 24 hours, who would you choose to be? 

I'd probably switch with Kyle, the main character of BREED.

Why? And what would you do that day?

Because Ichiro is hot and I want to learn kendo and mixed martial art which she learns from Irchio at the academy.

In what way is your story unique compared to other books in this genre?

I got the idea from watching Married at First Sight. I wanted to write a story where the characters gradually fell in love instead of love at first sight. And I've always sort of wondered how people plan to repopulate earth after a disaster that could wipe out humanity.

What part of the story was the most fun to write? The most challenging?

The car chase scene. I do really well with action scenes.

Which of your characters is most like you?

I think I'm a balanced mixture of Kyle and Ichiro. They both tend to keep to themselves, but Kyle likes to cook and is a video gamer which I also share with her.

If you could have one superpower, what would it be and how would you use it?

I'd stop time. What I wouldn't give to have more time to accomplish things in a day.

If you could reenact a scene from any book (not necessarily your own), what would it be? Who would you choose for your scene partner(s)?

I'd live through Stephanie Garbers Caraval. Any parts of Caraval, to be honest. And I know that Julian isn't Korean, but I'd definitely choose TOP from BigBang to play him because he's gorgeous.

Tell us something we’d be surprised to learn about you.

I'm terrified of aliens. I remember my dad watching a documentary once when I was little and the scene where the aliens "probed" humans horrified me.

Do you have a nervous habit when writing? A guilty pleasure when writing? (example: chew a pen to death or have a stack of Hershey’s kisses while you write)

I chew on my pens. And keep chocolate chips nearby. And I love listening to video game soundtracks while writing.

Thanks for coming by, Niki.  And good luck with your new release.


2 comments:

  1. What an interesting post. I can see being afraid of aliens. How interesting that Niki listens to video game sountracks while writing. Wishing her all the best!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview. I like video game sound tracks too.

    ReplyDelete