Thursday, November 3, 2016

Celebrate The Small Things 4-11-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

NaNo!

I love NaNo.  It's hard work, but I love deadlines and competition - and writing, of course - so NaNo suits me to a T.  It's day 4, and I'm just over 7K into my new book, and hoping to hit 10K by tomorrow. Unfortunately, I also feel like I'm only just getting to the place my book should start, but that is a fairly common problem for me.  It's like I need about 10k of warm-up before I find the voice and character and then can move on.

It's the weekend and I'm celebrating that too.  It's been a stupidly busy week at work and I need a break.  Even if I do have a ton of cleaning planned... I've been vaguely looking at selling my house and a colleague and his fiance are looking for a place, so they're coming to look at ours on Sunday. No way will my house ever look like an open home, but I can at least make it look presentable.  I hope!

It's Guy Fawkes tomorrow, which means fireworks!  My parents' house is right across from the barge they set the fireworks off from, so we're heading over there tomorrow night to watch the display.

What are you celebrating this week?

4 comments:

  1. Selling you house? NaNo? Guy Fawkes & fireworks? If I were in your place my head would explode. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss NaNo! I'm definitely participating next year. Good luck, and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You get fireworks for Guy Fawkes day? How fun. It must be nice now that spring is here for you. Good luck with your NaNo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wasn't really until after I'd stopped participating in NaNo that I allowed myself to really branch out from the limits I set to maintain a NaNo pace, so that at my most ludicrous I've written 10,000 in a day (which is extremely tough; it literally took me all day, which at the time I had that kind of time to play with).

    ReplyDelete