Friday, June 19, 2015

Celebrate the Small Things 19-6-15


This post is part of  Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things (Lexa has just taken it over from VikLit who has hosted it for the last 2 years). Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?



I've hit the 20K mark on my book.  I don't know that any of the words I've written are any good, but I should be around about a third of the way through.  Part of me wonders if I haven't pushed things forward enough yet (I'm not even 24 hours into the story's timeline), but I'll push on and fix things up in revision, once I've added all the other elements I need to add in.  I'm feeling pretty happy with the way I'm managing to weave in the characters' pasts without resorting to flashbacks.  And I think I have quite distinct voices for each of my two protagonists.  I guess we'll see when I finally let my CPs see it.

My boss is back from overseas and by Tuesday next week my entire team at work will be back together for the first time in over two months.  It will be nice to have everyone there again because it's been a little quiet the last few weeks with so many people gone.

It's my youngest son's birthday on Sunday and he's having a party at Laser Force.  So my weekend is all about birthday cakes and presents.

What are yu celebrating this week?

6 comments:

  1. Hitting 20K in writing is good work. Enjoy the cakes and presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a weekend full of birthday cake and presents sounds good to me! 20k is great! (I think you've written 3 books since I wrote Soul Cutter. I must get going!) Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on hitting the 20k mark, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm never sure if what I've written is good. 20k is a good milestone! Good luck with your writing, and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like the book is coming along nicely. Happy birthday to your son. I hope he has a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to know that your WIP is coming along nicely, and happy birthday to your son!

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete