Sunday, July 22, 2012

Progress report

In the interests of keeping myself both motivated and accountable, I'll post weekly progress reports as I revise.  In the last week, I've revised 8 chapters.  It hasn't been hard so far.  The early part of the book was easy to write, and apart from tweaking language and trying to make a secondary character more likable, I haven't had to make any huge changes.

It's going to get harder though.  Once I get through the next couple of chapters, things get messier and I know I will be slashing things out and rewriting like a fiend.  So I don't expect to get through more than  three or four chapters this week.  Especially since I'm working a lot, and have several events and functions I need to go to.  

I'm not going to get stressed about it.  It's not like I have a deadline on this or anything.  I want to be finished with it by November, but if I'm not, well, I'm not going to kill myself over it.  I'd rather have a really good book.

What's your writing week been like?  Do you have big plans?

4 comments:

  1. I spent all last week doing final edits on Touch of Death. It was intense and crazy but we (my editors and I) did it and the book was sent to galleys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight chapters editted, that's awesome. My week was crappy to say the least since I've given myself a deadline to finish a book, 90-100,000 words, in one month. That is huge for someone who usually will not write the next chapter unless theone I'm working on is perfect. So far so good. Stop by my website to see my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your progress sounds great! My week was not a good one for writing the rough draft, as my son is home from China, and I had lots of other pressing tasks. One thing I accomplished was work on a study guide of my YA futuristic thriller, Fireseed One. It's getting closer to completion as a download on my blog and website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your progress is good and you have a very sensible plan for when to finish. Knowing you, I think you'll finish before November, and it'll be gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete