So today, I want to open up the floor (do blogs have floors?) to everyone to be open about themselves. I'll ask a few questions about you, and you can answer them in the comments. I'll answer them too, so we can all get to know each other better. It's an opportunity (another good 'o' word).
So, here are the questions....
1. Where do you live? And where would you like to live?
2. Chocolate or cheese? If you had to give one up for life, which would it be? Why?
3. What's your favorite movie? Why?
4. Are you a writer? If so, what do you write?
5. Name two books that have changed your life and why?
6. Cats or dogs? Which do you prefer asa pet? Do you have one?
Okay. I think that's enough questions. Now, on to the answers.
1. Wellington, New Zealand. Either Berlin or NYC, my two favorite cities in the world. Both are vibrant, creative places with any number of different scenes happening at any time. There is so much art happening all the time, so many wonderful theatre productions, literary events, and other cultural things happening all the time, it would be hard to choose what to do.
2. This is a tough one. I think my life would end if I had to give up either. But I think I edge toward chocolate. I don't think I could live without cheese. Chocolate is an added bonus, but cheese is a staple.
3. The Sweet Hereafter. A beautifully crafted, poignant story with fully formed, real characters. It's also one of the few films that are in fact better than the book they're based on. And the book's good!
4. Yes. I write YA novels and short stories in every genre you can think of (including erotica although I publish that under a pseudonym).
5. I actually wrote a whole post on this a few months back, but here's the short version. The Outsiders because it was the book that made me want to write. Volcano Adventure because having read it, I knew about carbon monoxide and managed to save my entire family from dying in some remote Chinese village.
6.Cats. Definitely cats. And we don't have one at the moment. Although all the neighborhood cats like to use our yard . I think we're neutral territory.
So, open up about yourself. I'll be so interested to get to know you all.