Thursday, August 8, 2019

Celebrate the Small Things 9-8-19



This post is part of Lexa Cain's blog hop, Celebrate the small things. Head on over there to sign up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's the weekend!

It has been one of those really long weeks at work and I'm looking forward to a couple of days off.  And my house really needs a good clean!  The kids have done the housework the last few weeks and they're okay, but this weekend I need to get it done myself to make sure it gets done right.

I have a few more films to see over the weekend, which I'm looking forward to.  But then it's over for another year.  Back to reality I guess.  I'm almost finished this pass through the book I'm working on, so I'm hoping to be able to get it to readers in another week or so.  If you are interested in beta reading a sort of romance, sort of western, I'd love your eyes over it...

I've seen a couple more films in the festival which I enjoyed.

The Gift: The Journey of Johnny Cash - a doco about Johnny Cash.  I enjoyed it because I love Johnny Cash, but the film was actually a little too long and repetitive and I didn't learn anything I didn't already know about Johnny Cash.  Some nice footage though, even if the timeline was a little weird.

Port Authority - I loved this one.  Again it was about people creating their own families, this time within the trans/drag community in New York City.  A young white guy arrives in New York and winds up on the streets.  A young guy takes him in and gets him a place in a homeless shelter and gives him work as a repo man.  At the shelter, his curiosity is piqued by a guy in the bunk above who dances.  Following the dancer, he discovers a community he knows nothing about and falls in love.  The dancers were incredible in this film; it was like they had no bones they moved so fluidly.  And it was a really touching, beautiful story too.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like some interesting films. Too bad it's over already (well, it feels like already to me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, having fun cleaning? LOL

    ReplyDelete