Sunday, May 6, 2018

Weekly Goals 7-5-18

This week it's back into the revision trenches for me.

I have two or three books that are so close to being ready to go, so it's time to do those final rounds of edits to make them shine.

I thought I'd do the easiest one first, but the more I think about it, the more I want to tackle the story that has the biggest problem, so that's what I intend to do.  I have an pretty clear idea how to fix one problem in it, but the other one is going to be tougher to figure out.

I will aim to get through two or three chapters per day, but I may do more some days because not every chapter is going to need big changes.  But of course I won't be able to work every day.  I already know I have a conference to go to in Auckland in two weeks which will wipe out most of a week's writing time.

The goal will be to finish this by the end of June.  Let's see if we can stick to that, shall we?

What are your goals this week?

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your revision, Kate. I actually like revision. It's so much easier than getting that early first draft out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's usually good to get the biggest hurdle out of the way first. And doing the final round of edits on something sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. I agree with getting the biggest problems out of the way first. That way the rest feels super easy.

    ReplyDelete