Friday, August 18, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 18-8-17



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

My partner had surgery on Tuesday and came through it fine.  We're just waiting for the effects of the operation to settle down before we know if it has actually fixed the problem.  So keeping all fingers crossed...  Last year's more major surgery for this problem worked for a few months, but didn't solve the issue entirely.

New laptop!  I'm writing this post on my new laptop and I love it.  So clean and shiny and all the parts work.  So nice...

I had an idea for a new book this week.  It's been a while.  I still need time to percolate it, and figure out if it's going to work, but I'm quite excited by the initial idea.  Fingers crossed it will percolate quickly because I feel like it has been too long since I let my imagination go on a new idea.  The ghostwriting is fun, but it's not the same as creating lives and worlds in my head.

An Unstill Life is now available in print!  I just spent a small fortune buying copies so I can get them into bookstores here and have some to give away to the library etc.  There's something so much more real about having a book in print.  Ebooks are great, but I guess I'm old fashioned.  I like paper books best.

Anyway, if you would like a copy, you can purchase them here.

What are you celebrating this week?

3 comments:

  1. Surgery, how scary. The other stuff sounds good, though. A new laptop is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about paper books, I have a kindle that I hardly use - it's just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck re the surgery. Happy days re new laptop...I know that feeling. As for paper V e books...I like paper, but they are expensive and so is postage, and they take up space. I move a lot so having a library on my phone is much more convenient. Also for all those moments when you have time to kill, waiting...you can't beat Kindle on the phone.

    ReplyDelete