Friday, March 10, 2017

Celebrate the Small Things 10-3-17



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

I made an offer on a house we liked, but we didn't get it.  It was a rather nerve wracking day, especially when the real estate agent called and told me it was between me and one other family and gave me an opportunity to revise my offer.  But even with adding that extra money, it wasn't enough.  So back to spending all my weekends at open homes. I have to believe there is something even more perfect for us out there….

This weekend is all about packing up my house so it's ready to go on sale.  Everyone else is away, so I should have some good, uninterrupted packing time.  And then some good uninterrupted cleaning time once all the clutter is out of the way.

I didn't get as much writing work done this week as I hoped, but I did make it to the book's big climax.  And next week I hope to get the first materials for the ghostwriting job I'm going to do, so will be able to start shaping that and writing a proposal for how the finished book might look.

What are you celebrating this week,


4 comments:

  1. Too bad about the house. It's impressive that you can get any writing done at all with all the house stuff going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally believe that if something doesn't go your way, that it's because there's something better around the corner. I'm sure you'll end up with an awesome house! Good luck with the writing, packing, and cleaning. It sounds like a lot. Congrats on the ghost-writing job. I'm so thrilled this seems to be working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing the climax of a story is always thrilling. Or it certainly should be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the house. We lost a house that way once. It would have changed our lives had we moved there, but it wasn't meant to be. There's another house coming. That ghost writing position sure sounds great.

    ReplyDelete