Thursday, October 20, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 21-10-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

It's a LOOOONG weekend!

Yes, Monday is Labour Day here, so we get an extra day off.  And boy am I looking forward to that!  I've reached that time of year where I really, really, really need a break.

I have no plans for the long weekend (other than getting my older son's bike fixed so we can go bike riding) and I have a pile of library books to read.  I also want to do one last read-through of SHOOK to make sure everything makes sense.  I'm going to print the whole thing out and read it on paper because I always see things differently on paper.

I also hope to do some thinking about the new book I'm going to write during NaNo.  I have a bunch of characters I love and can't wait to spend time with, and the skeleton of a story, but I'd like to work out a few more details before I start. Not too many, because if I know too much about the story ahead of time, I get bored and don't want to write it…  But I do like to have a few key scenes in mind so I know where I'm aiming, even if I don't actually ever get there.

What are you celebrating this week?

4 comments:

  1. A long weekend! How lucky! I hope you enjoy it. Get nice and rested in time for NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you definitely settled on a new title, which itself can be incredibly satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck working on your story details, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for the long weekend, for bike-riding, and for reading! If I had to pants a book it would come out surreal and full of plot holes and failed character arcs. lol Good luck with figuring out key scenes before NaNo!

    ReplyDelete