Thursday, September 22, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things 23-9-16



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

So what am I celebrating this week?

I finished my revisions!  Well, close enough anyway.  I now need to print out the MS and read the whole thing through to check for continuity and timeline glitches, and to see if it flows together as a whole.  I'm still a little nervous about two chapters just before the halfway mark, and I want to see if I can shift some of their work into other places, but we'll see…

But while I'm here, does anyone want to beta read for me?  I'd love some fresh eyes on this one toward the end of next week.

I'm going to a conference in Auckland tomorrow morning for the weekend, so I don't really get a break from work.  But when it finishes on Sunday afternoon, I'm going to spend a couple of days with my bestie who lives up there.  She's been going through a hard time recently, so I'm looking forward to seeing her and doing what I can to lighten her load.

It's the last day of school for my kids today, so I have two weeks of vacation to try and fill up for them. Luckily their grandparents are around this time, although busy as they always are.  But I've only had to put them into the hated school holiday program for 3 days this time around.

What are you celebrating this week?

9 comments:

  1. Yay for finishing your revisions! (I hope to get reviewing again next week.) I hope your weekend isn't too full, that you manage to find fun stuff for the kids to do, and that you can make your friend feel better on your visit. I'm sure it will mean a lot to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAHOO!!! Editing is a pain, congrats!!!

    Thank God for grandparents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being (almost) done! Hope you have a good trip and your friend is doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it through the revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It such a good idea to print out your entire book and read it through. It's amazing what you spot! Well done on getting the revisions done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting your revisions done! Hopefully you won't have much shifting around to do when you read through it. I hope the conference goes well and that you're able to help out your friend. Good luck with the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting revision done is huge! I hope the read is nice and clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting revision done is huge! I hope the read is nice and clean. :)

    ReplyDelete