Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekly Goals 4-5-15

Now the A-Z is over, it's back to normal here at Fiction and Film.  So to keep myself accountable, I need to set myself some goals for the week.

I feel like I've found (finally) the right way to tell my story, so after three or four false starts, I'm actually settling into my book.  And I'm not having to write the religious zealot character first after all.  She'll take over in the second half of the book which will be easier because the other character will have set up the world of the story and the central event.

Phew!

I hope to hit the 10K mark before next week's Monday post.

Fingers crossed things keep progressing as smoothly as they have the last few days.  I'm not going to make the deadline I set myself, so when I have a better idea how things are going, I'll set a new one.  I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of July 1st or so, but I don't want to commit to that right this minute.  Maybe if I hit that 10K mark when I want to.

I'm slush reading for WRiTE Club this year and we have 170 entries to get through.  500 word excerpts don't feel like a lot, but 170 of them is a lot of reading!  I was smart enough to read the ones that came in early as they came in, but there was quite a torrent in the last few days and I have over 50 left to go.  So I'll be chipping away at that over the next two weeks.

And to add to my reading, I have five proposals and scripts to read for work…

I think I'll stop here because I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by everything I have to do already!

What are your goals for this week?

2 comments:

  1. Interesting set up. Good luck with your goal. I'm sure you can hit 10K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Best wishes on your goal and all that slush reading!

    ReplyDelete