Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekly Goals 23-3-15

My goals aren't huge this week.  It's a big one work-wise and if Monday has been anything to go by, it's going to be even more hellacious than I suspected. So I'm not putting any pressure on myself.

My revision is done.  I added about 5K to the total length of STUMPED, which isn't too bad.  It's sitting at 86K now which is a little long for YA, but not outside the ballpark.  So my goal this week is to go through and cut all the unnecessary words and redundant phrases.  I figure if I cut 100-150 words per chapter, I'll be good.

But if I don't, it's no biggie…  I'm sure my agent will have ideas where I can trim if necessary.  I plan to send the MS off by the end of the month, so I don't have a huge amount of time.  Hopefully just enough for my CPs to do their worst!

And that's about it for goals.  I have so much to do at work this week because the deadline for Cannes is fast approaching and we have a film that's being sent there as well as being screened for a test audience here. So everything else has to take a backseat.

What are your goals this week?

3 comments:

  1. Reading a book for review and prepping for WRiTE CLUB. That's plenty I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work sounds exciting, but busy I bet. And congrats on getting to the end of the round of edits on Stumped. My goal this week is to get several more chapters edited for my novella and novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with this week. I hope it's not as bad as Monday. Congrats on being done with the revision. That's always good :)

    ReplyDelete