Friday, May 23, 2014

Celebrate the small things 23-5-14



This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up! 

So, what am I celebrating this week?




I've been at a conference for the last 3 days, and while it has been fun, I'm glad it's over.  I don't even want to think about how much work is waiting for me back at the cinema...  But I guess I'll find out in a couple of hours.  It's quite amazing how passionate and committed people who work in the movies are, and how few people ever leave the business once they get into it.  I've been there 22 years now, and many of the people I saw at the conference, I've been working with the whole time!

With all the conference dinners etc, I haven't done any writing this week.  My goal for next week is to finish my draft of Lana (and to make it to the gym again).

What are you celebrating this week?

7 comments:

  1. It's easy to fall in love with movies. After recharging your batteries during conference dinners (where you didn't have to cook or wash up!), I bet you'll get a lot done on Lana. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess it was fun, but being at home is best. Happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm celebrating Blitz Day! Thanks for visiting my blog. Maybe someday I'll make it to a conference.

    Lee
    Why I love Wordpress bloggers
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and while you were at the conference and with friends and dinners I just bet the great ideas came crowding in and there was nowhere to jot them. At least that's how it happens with me. (And isn't it interesting how people in fascinating, challenging and fulfilling lines of work tend to stay there?) I hope your workout goes well and you finish that draft! Diana at About Myself By Myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool to find you through the Small Things list. I worked at a movie theater as a teenager--best job EVER! I have very fond memories of that place. Free movies, free popcorn, and such a fun environment to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Conferences are always exhausting. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete