Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stocktaking

I just finished doing our monthly stocktake at the cinema. As usual, after entering all the figures, I had to run around downstairs to find all the things I'd missed while counting the first time. Then I had re-enter the figures, check that what I'd entered as coming in was correct and then re-check everything again.

It's a lot like editing a book.

You go through the first time to see if everything that needs to be there, is. Plot? Characters? Motivation? Action? Dialogue? Then you go through and tweak all that stuff so it works better. Then you go through to polish individual sentences and words and phrases. And finally, you go through to check it all still makes sense.

Somehow though, counting candy bars and coffee beans is easier....

No comments:

Post a Comment