Friday, April 9, 2021

Celebrate the Small Things - 9-4-21

 


It's the end of the week, so it's time to Celebrate the Small things...

What am I celebrating this week?

I'm almost finished my read through of Juliet & Juliet and I'm not as horrified by it as I thought I might be.  There is a lot of work to do, and I definitely need to add a little more up front to make the relationship develop more organically, but there are some good bits in there.  And for the first time, I feel like I actually managed to nail two quite distinct voices for my dual narrators.  There will need to be some tidying up on that, of course, but overall, I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was hoping to finish this weekend, but I'm not sure I will because it's going to be a very busy weekend.  But definitely early next week.

What are you celebrating this week?

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a tiny addition to the new manuscript, got started on a short side project that suddenly occurred to me during the week that arrived fully formed and is easy to write. One of my favorite cousins got the package of books I sent her, started reading immediately, and texted me with positive thoughts. It’s rare enough to get feedback, let alone such immediate enthusiasm, so that was really, really nice.

    ReplyDelete