Sunday, July 21, 2019

Weekly Goals 22-7-19

After feeling like I'd been really productive in ripping apart that book on Friday, I kept working on it on Saturday.  Then I woke up at 3am on Sunday with the realization I'd done entirely the wrong thing.

So I scrapped about half the changes I'd made, and went back to figure out how I could fix the problems in a different way.  Which I don't believe I've done yet.  And now I'm wondering if the changes I made on Friday might have worked if I'd written a few extra bits in earlier on.

Damn, this writing thing is hard!

So this week, I plan to continue with this project.  I'll either ruin it entirely or manage to fix the problems.  Who knows?

The film festival starts on Thursday, so from then on, I won't have a whole lot of time to write or do anything else for a couple of weeks.  Maybe the time away will help solve all the story problems I'm dealing with at the moment.  I certainly hope so!

What are your goals this week?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting to have a number of competing ideas about what to do with that story. I tend to hash that sort of thing out in my head until I've reached a burning need to set it down. But then I've also never done an extensive revision (other than a complete rewrite of opening chapters and such), unless it's a short story, in which case I have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. Writing IS hard. Those middle of the night revelations are always either the best or the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My most recent first draft of a story I finished, I restarted and rewrote 3 times. One time I was over 20K words in and I scraped it all. Sometimes it just takes a few tries!

    ReplyDelete