Thursday, October 18, 2018

Celebrate the Small Things 19-10-18



This post is part of Lexa Cain's bloghop, Celebrate the Small Things. Head on over there to join up!

What am I celebrating this week?

It's Friday and it's a long weekend!

It has been a very long week and I have been stupidly busy at work.  As a result, I have not had a chance to do any writing this week that wasn't work related.  But on the plus side, I did send a draft of  a manuscript to one of my friends who works in film development to see if she can figure out how I can fix the ending that doesn't seem to be working.

Last night I went to a gig and saw one of my favorite singers from my teenage years perform.  Unfortunately the venue was too small for the number of people who wanted to see him and I ended up squished into a corner under a speaker at the front of the room.  I got a great view, but the sound was pretty terrible in that spot.  But it's been a while since I went to a gig, which is very unlike me.

And speaking of gigs, I managed to get tickets for Nick Cave's speaking tour in January.  It took some effort because the ticketing site seemed to be overloaded when the tickets went on sale, but I got there in the end.  And we got fantastic seats!  The show is the day after I go back to work after the Christmas/summer break, so there's something to look forward to.

What are you celebrating this week?

2 comments:

  1. Christmas and summer! I should move down with you and skip winter here entirely. I hope your weekend is relaxing and you can get some writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the weekend after a long week.

    ReplyDelete